Pages

jeudi 23 mai 2019

Half circle - A finished quilt

I can check project #3 off my list for the second quarter of 2019 Finish-Along !
Je peux cocher le projet #3 de ma liste pour le deuxième trimestre du Finish-Along 2019 ! 

Luna Lovequilts - Quilt inspired by Latifah Saafir - in Carolyn Friedlander Polk and Gleaned collections

I progressed faster than I expected to quilt the last area. The reason is that I recently started to listen to a series of audio books that was very addictive and I got to organize my quilting projects to hear the end ... I listen to books or films only when I am working on tasks that don't require to be very focused, such as quilting.

J'ai avancé plus vite que prévu pour quilter la dernière partie. La raison est que j'ai dernièrement commencé à écouter une série de livres audios assez prenante et j'en suis venue à organiser mes projets de quilting de manière à écouter la fin ... J'écoute des livres ou des films seulement quand je travaille sur des tâches qui ne demandent pas beaucoup de concentration, comme le quilting.

Luna Lovequilts - Half circle quilt on the sofa

This time I had no difficulties to convince my son to help me for the photoshoot. He is now learning to drive so I proposed a deal ... He could drive me to different spots in the area and in return we stopped shortly for taking pictures. Sometimes one has to trick ... ;-)

Cette fois je n'ai pas eu de difficulté à convaincre mon fils de m'aider pour la séance photo. Il est en train d'apprendre à conduire et j'ai proposé un deal ... Il pouvait me conduire à différents endroits dans la région et en contre-partie quelques arrêts photos. Il faut parfois ruser ... ;-) 

Luna Lovequilts - Half circle quilt

The wind wasn't very cooperative though ...
Le vent n'a cependant pas été très coopératif ...

Luna Lovequilts - Half circle quilt - Photo shoot outside

I used a wool batting and a thicker thread for the quilting, 12 wt Aurifil thread (and not a 28 wt as I mentioned in a previous post ...). The quilt is very soft and I love the texture !

J'ai utilisé de la ouatine laine et un fil épais pour le quilting, Aurifil 12 (et pas 28 comme mentionné dans un article précédent ...). Le quilt est très souple et j'adore la texture !

Luna Lovequilts - Half circle quilt - Quilting close-up

This quilt was inspired by a pattern designed by Latifah Saafir. If you would like to have more details about this project and see in progress pictures you can read the original post and the finished top.

Ce quilt est inspiré d'un modèle dessiné par Latifah Saafir. Si vous avez envie d'avoir plus de détails à propos de ce projet et voir des photos en cours de réalisation, vous pouvez lire l'article initial et le top terminé.

Luna Lovequilts - Half circle quilt - Folded on the sofa


I am linking up with Kelly for NTT