Pages

mardi 7 avril 2020

Gelateria - A finished quilt

Here is Gelateria, my latest finish ! I really enjoyed working on this bright and happy project. And now looking at the finished quilt just makes me smile ...

Voici Gelateria, ma dernière réalisation ! J'ai beaucoup aimé travailler sur ce projet coloré et gai. Et maintenant, regarder le quilt fini me donne tout simplement le sourire ...

Luna Lovequilts - Gelateria quilt - Inspired by a mural in Nashville

Why Gelateria ?! When I look at the colours and patterns on this quilt, I think ice-cream ... Strawberrry, caramel, ... scoops topped with sprinkles, marshmallows, ... My husband suggested an italian word would be the most appropriate for ice-cream and so we ended up with Gelateria (ice-cream parlour).

Pourquoi  Gelateria ?! Quand je regarde les couleurs et les motifs sur ce quilt, je pense crème glacée ... Des boules fraise, caramel, ... garnies de vermicelles, marshmallows, ... Mon mari m'a suggéré qu'un mot italien serait le plus approprié pour de la crème glacée et c'est comme ça que nous en sommes arrivés à Gelateria (glacier).

Luna Lovequilts - Gelateria quilt - Prints designed by Kimberly Kight for Ruby Star Society

I am pretty happy with my faced binding ... :-) As for the mini quilt I made last month, this design required a not visible finishing.

Je suis plutôt contente de ma finition ... :-)  Comme pour le mini quilt que j'ai réalisé le mois passé, ce design demandait une finition non visible.

Luna Lovequilts - Gelateria quilt - Faced binding

I quilted diagonal straight lines following the piecing design. There are a few in progress pictures in a recent blog post I wrote about straight line quilting.

J'ai quilté des lignes droites en diagonale, qui suivent le dessin d'assemblage. Il y a quelques photos en cours de réalisation dans cet article récent que j'ai écrit à propos du quilting en ligne droite.

Luna Lovequilts - Gelateria quilt - Diagonal straight line quilting

If you are interested in more details about techniques and inspiration for this project, you can read this previous post.

Si vous êtes intéressé par plus de détails à propos des techniques utilisées et de la source d'inspiration pour ce projet, vous pouvez lire cet article précédent.

Luna Lovequilts - Gelateria quilt - Inspired by a mural in Nashville


I am linking up with Kelly for NTT