Pages

lundi 4 juin 2018

Petal Pouch for a friend

One of my friends commissioned me to make a pouch she wanted to gift to her niece. I showed her a few patterns I used these past months and we settled on the Petal Pouch designed by Noodlehead. Since I don't know personally the final recipient I made two versions in different styles to choose from.

Une de mes amies m'avait demandé de réaliser une pochette qu'elle voulait offrir à sa nièce. Je lui ai montré quelques modèles que j'ai utilisés ces derniers mois et nous avons opté pour le modèle Petal Pouch dessiné par NoodleheadComme je ne connais pas personnellement la destinataire finale, j'ai réalisé deux versions à choix dans des styles différents.

Luna Lovequilts - Petal Pouch pattern by Noodlehead

My friend finally chose this one made with Cotton and Steel fabrics, a retro roller print combined to 80's Party from Snap to Grid collection by Kimberley Kight.

Mon amie a finalement choisi celle-ci réalisée avec des tissus Cotton and Steel, un imprimé roller retro combiné à 80's Party de la collection Snap to Grid de Kimberley Kight.

Luna Lovequilts - Petal Pouch pattern by Noodlehead and Cotton and Steel fabrics

I searched the Internet for a matching charm to add to the zipper and found a perfect one on KellysMagnets Etsy shop. I was smitten with this sneaker and also loved that they added a little gem !

J'ai recherché sur Internet un accessoire assorti pour accrocher à la fermeture Eclair et j'en ai trouvé un parfait sur le magasin Etsy KellysMagnets. J'ai craqué pour cette basket et aussi adoré l'ajout du petit diamant !

Luna Lovequilts - Cotton and Steel pouch and zipper pull

I had the perfect fabric for the lining as well :-)
J'avais aussi le tissu parfait pour la doublure :-)

Luna Lovequilts - Cotton and Steel pouch lining

I chose Libs Elliott prints for the second pouch. That was fun to work with these girly colours and glitter fabrics !
J'ai choisi des imprimés de Libs Ellitott pour la deuxième pochette. C'était amusant de travailler avec ces couleurs girly et tissus à paillettes !

Luna Lovequilts - Petal Pouch pattern by Noodlehead and Libs Elliott fabrics

And again I had something specific in mind for the zipper. I was looking for a gem or a lightning which are themes present in different collections and patterns designed by Libs Elliott and even in her logo.

Et de nouveau, j'avais en tête quelque chose de particulier pour la fermeture Eclair. Je recherchais un diamant ou un éclair qui sont des thèmes présents dans différentes collections et modèles dessinés par Libs Elliott et même dans son logo.

Luna Lovequilts - Libs Elliott Petal Pouch and zipper pull

I found this lovely gem on RainbowBottleCharms Etsy shop.
J'ai trouvé ce joli diamant sur le magasin Etsy RainbowBottleCharms.

Luna Lovequilts - Libs Elliott pouch lining


I can check project #4 off my list for the second quarter of 2018 Finish-Along !
Je peux cocher le projet #4 de ma liste pour le deuxième trimestre du Finish-Along 2018 !

I am linking up with Kelly for NTT