Pages

lundi 10 décembre 2018

So Dearly QAL - Finished quilt

I have been sharing a part of the motif each month since last April and here is my finished deer ! I have been thrilled to be a part of the So Dearly QAL hosted by Gosia at Quilts My Way as a pattern tester and cheerleader for her project.

Je vous ai révélé une partie du motif chaque mois depuis avril dernier et voici mon cerf terminé ! J'ai été ravie de participer au So Dearly QAL organisé par Gosia de Quilts My Way en tant que testeur et supporter pour son projet.

Luna Lovequilts - So Dearly QAL 2018 - Finished quilt

I had first thought of binding it with the orange and white striped print but, no surprise there ... , I hadn't enough left of it. So I had to settle for the other print I used in my project. Finally I think it was a good thing because this yellow binding really shines !

J'avais d'abord pensé le terminer avec l'imprimé rayé orange et blanc mais, là rien d'étonnant ... , il ne m'en restait pas assez. Donc je me suis rabattue sur l'autre imprimé que j'avais utilisé dans mon projet. Finalement, je pense que c'était une bonne chose car ce binding jaune rend le quilt plus lumineux !

Luna Lovequilts - So Dearly QAL 2018 - Finished quilt - Quilting detail

The wind helped me a bit to show you the backing ...
Le vent m'a donné un petit coup de main pour vous montrer le dos ...

Luna Lovequilts - So Dearly QAL 2018 - Finished quilt - Backing

I simply quilted horizontal straight lines with a very light pink thread. I had a lot of hesitations when it came to the quilting design and finally went for the option I was the most comfortable with. Even though now I am not sure it was the best choice ... I am looking forward to discovering what other participants come up with !

J'ai simplement quilté des lignes horizontales avec un fil rose très clair. J'ai eu beaucoup d'hésitations pour le dessin de quilting et j'ai finalement choisi l'option qui était la plus confortable pour moi. Même si maintenant je ne suis pas sûre que c'était le meilleur choix ... Je me réjouis de découvrir les idées des autres participants !

Luna Lovequilts - So Dearly QAL 2018 - Finished quilt - Quilting detail

Quilting the same design all over the top versus Stitching all round the deer and choosing a different quilting design for the background ?! It was the main question ... Here are a few of my sketches. If you are still debating on how to quilt this project it could help you to make a decision :-)

Quilter le même design sur tout le top ou Souligner le tour du cerf et choisir un dessin de quilting différent pour le fond ?! C'était la grande question ... Voici quelques uns de mes croquis. Si vous êtes encore en train de débattre sur comment quilter ce projet, cela pourrait vous aider à prendre une décision :-)

Luna Lovequilts - So Dearly QAL 2018 - Quilting design option

Luna Lovequilts - So Dearly QAL 2018 - Quilting design option

I gave up the two options below because I had no idea on how to quilt inside the deer. I was afraid that if the inside wasn't quilted at all, a dense quilting in the background would make the quilt looked warped.

J'ai abandonné les deux options ci-dessous car je n'avais aucune idée de comment quilter l'intérieur du cerf. J'avais souci que si l'intérieur n'était pas quilté du tout, un matelassage dense dans le fond donnerait un air gondolé au quilt.

Luna Lovequilts - So Dearly QAL 2018 - Quilting design option

Luna Lovequilts - So Dearly QAL 2018 - Quilting design option

This option has a better balance between motif and background as regards quilting density and could have been interesting ...
Cette option a un meilleur équilibre entre le motif et le fond en ce qui concerne la densité de quilting et aurait pu être intéressante ...

Luna Lovequilts - So Dearly QAL 2018 - Quilting design option

You still have time to link your finished quilt here and take part in the draw !
Vous avez encore du temps pour soumettre votre quilt terminé ici et prendre part au tirage au sort !

Luna Lovequilts - So Dearly QAL 2018 - Finished quilt

It was project #2 on my list for the fourth quarter of 2018 Finish-Along!
C'était le projet #2 sur ma liste pour le quatrième trimestre du Finish-Along 2018!



I am linking up with Kelly for NTT