Pages

jeudi 15 décembre 2016

Modern sampler - A finished quilt

I have a finished quilt to share today ! :-))
J'ai un quilt terminé à partager aujourd'hui ! :-))

Luna Lovequilts - Modern sampler quilt - Inspired by Tula Pink City sampler

I began to work on this modern sampler for my son in July 2015. You can read here about the beginning. Since then I completed some projects and started new ones as well. But from time to time this quilt returned on the top of the pile and finally came to an end ...
J'ai commencé à travailler sur ce sampler moderne pour mon fils en juillet 2015. Vous pouvez lire ici à propos du début. Depuis, j'ai terminé quelques projets et j'en ai commencé de nouveaux aussi. Mais de temps en temps, ce quilt est revenu sur le dessus de la pile et a finalement abouti ...

Luna Lovequilts - Modern sampler quilt - Binding

I selected 35 of the 100 blocks of Tula Pink City sampler. You can see each block separetely in this previous post.
J'ai sélectionné 35 des 100 blocs du City sampler de Tula Pink. Vous pouvez voir chaque bloc séparément dans cet article précédent.

Luna Lovequilts - Modern sampler quilt - Inspired by Tula Pink City sampler

I used mostly Carolyn Friedlander prints and chose to work with muted hues. Actually it was a request of my son : "Mom, how could I relax with bright colours on my quilt ?!". What could I answer that ... ?!
J'ai utilisé principalement des imprimés de Carolyn Friedlander et choisi de travailler avec des teintes discrètes. En fait, c'était une demande de mon fils : "Mams, comment est-ce que je pourrais me reposer avec des couleurs vives sur mon quilt ?!". Qu'est-ce que je pouvais répondre à ça ... ?!

Luna Lovequilts - Modern sampler quilt - Inspired by Tula Pink City sampler

Instead of a classic sashing I framed each block using different background fabrics and added here and there small scraps, as a reminder of the design of the block. This block especially seems to be mixed into the frame.
Au lieu d'un sashing classique, j'ai encadré chaque bloc en utilisant différents tissus de fond et ajouté ici et là des petits morceaux, comme un rappel du dessin du bloc. Ce bloc en particulier semble se mélanger dans le cadre.

Luna Lovequilts - Modern sampler quilt - Detail

That was my first time using a wool batting and I really enjoyed hand quilting it.
C'était la première fois que j'utilisais une ouatine laine et j'ai vraiment beaucoup aimé la quilter à la main.

Luna Lovequilts - Modern sampler quilt - Detail

It was not easy to take a picture of the quilt in full and I was fortunate to have the help of my husband for this task (good job ! you can't even see his feet ...). Here in a typical landscape of Jura mountains (five minutes drive from home).
Ce n'était pas facile de prendre une photo du quilt en entier et j'ai eu la chance d'avoir l'aide de mon mari pour cette tâche (beau travail ! on ne voit même pas ses pieds ...). Ici dans un paysage typique des montagnes du Jura (cinq minute en voiture de chez moi).

Luna Lovequilts - Modern sampler quilt - Inspired by Tula Pink City sampler

It was project #4 on my list for the last quarter of 2016 Finish-Along ! 
C'était le projet #4 sur ma liste pour le dernier trimestre du Finish-Along 2016 ! 


I am linking up with Kelly for NTT, Amanda Jean for Finish it up Friday
and Fort Worth Fabric Studio for Fabric Frenzy Friday.