Pages

dimanche 11 décembre 2016

Hand stitching a binding and some shopping

I will spend the evening hand stitching the binding on my modern sampler and hope to finish it the next few days. I will share full quilt pictures next week but you can see here the top in the meantime.
Je vais passer la soirée à coudre à la main le binding sur mon sampler moderne et j'espère le terminer ces prochains jours. Je partagerai des photos du quilt entier la semaine prochaine mais en attendant vous pouvez voir le top ici.

Luna Lovequilts - Modern sampler quilt - Hand stitching the binding

Lately I entered a giveaway on Red Pepper quilts blog where you can see wonderful modern scrap quilts. I am in awe of Rita's work since I am not very good at using so much different fabrics in the same quilt ...
I was very surprised and thrilled to win a 100$ gift certificate from Fort Worth Fabric Studio, one of her sponsors :-)) I decided to take this opportunity to complete my stash of solid fabrics.

Récemment j'ai participé à un tirage au sort sur le blog Red Pepper quilts où vous pouvez voir de magnifique scrap quilts modernes. Je suis admirative du travail de Rita car je ne suis pas très forte pour utiliser autant de tissus différents dans le même quilt ...
J'ai été très surprise et ravie de gagner un bon d'achat de 100$ de la part de Fort Worth Fabric Studio, un de ses sponsors :-)) J'ai décidé de profiter de cette occasion pour compléter ma réserve de tissus unis.

Solid fabrics ordered from Fort Worth Fabric Studio

It is difficult to see it on the picture but the neutral fabrics are all slightly different. For my quilt Déconstruction I could have used only one colour to frame my blocks but I chose to work with different shades of very similar neutrals. I really love how it adds deepness and interest to this quilt and I definitely will reuse this idea for another project.

C'est difficile de le voir sur la photo mais les tissus neutres sont tous légèrement différents. Pour mon quilt Déconstruction, j'aurais pu utiliser une seule couleur pour encadrer mes blocs mais j'ai choisi de travailler avec différents tons neutres très proches. J'adore comme cela ajoute de la profondeur et de l'intérêt à ce quilt et je vais sûrement réutiliser cette idée pour un autre projet.

In addition to the gift certificate I decided to order some Essex Linen fabrics and this special ruler as well.
En plus du bon d'achat, j'ai décidé de commander ces tissus Essex Linen et aussi cette règle spéciale. 

Essex Linen fabrics ordered from Fort Worth Fabric Studio

I wanted to let you know about Busy Needle Quilting, an online shop located in Switzerland, I came across by chance a while ago. I think it could be interesting for Swiss residents especially. You can find on the website a wide range of Aurifil threads and I ordered a few times Quilters Dream Cotton batting as well, for low shipping costs and no customs fees to pay for deliveries in Switzerland ...

J'avais envie de mentionner aussi Busy Needle Quilting, un magasin en ligne basé en Suisse, sur lequel je suis tombée par hasard il y a quelques temps. Je pense que cela peut intéresser particulièrement les résidents en Suisse. Vous pouvez trouver sur le site une large gamme de fils Aurifil et j'ai commandé aussi plusieurs fois la ouatine Quilters Dream Cotton, pour des frais de port bas et sans frais douaniers à payer sur les livraisons en Suisse ...

Aurifil threads ordered from Busy Needle Quilting

There is a special price for a box of twelve spools of your choice ... :-))
Il y a un prix spécial pour une boîte de douze bobines de votre choix ... :-))


I am linking up with Kathy for Slow Sunday Stitching