Pages

jeudi 25 mai 2017

Pencil pouch

I finished today a few pencil pouches and I can tick project #2 off my list for the second quarter of 2017 Finish-Along !
J'ai terminé aujourd'hui quelques trousses à crayons et je peux cocher le projet #2 de ma liste pour le deuxième trimestre du Finish-Along 2017 !

Luna Lovequilts - Pencil pouches - Noodlehead tutorial

I used a fun tutorial written by Anna - Noodlehead - and here is the link Canvas Pencil Pouch Tutorial if you would like to give it a try. For this one I chose fabrics to match my new tote bag, also made using a pattern designed by Anna.
J'ai utilisé un super tutoriel écrit par  Anna - Noodlehead - et voici le lien Canvas Pencil Pouch Tutorial si vous avez envie de l'essayer. Pour celle-ci, j'ai choisi des tissus assortis à mon nouveau sac cabas, aussi réalisé avec un modèle dessiné par Anna.

Luna Lovequilts - Pencil pouch - Carolyn Friedlander fabrics

My husband really liked it and asked me one for his office. I reduced the original pattern size to 80% since he found the pouch a little bit too large for him. Hope it is large enough anyway ...
Mon mari l'a beaucoup aimée et m'en a demandé une pour son bureau. J'ai réduit la taille du patron original à 80% car il trouvait la trousse un peu grande pour lui. J'espère que c'est assez large quand même ...

Luna Lovequilts - Pencil pouch - Maker Maker collection from Andover fabrics

I was on a roll ... and made three more pouches for our next group exhibition in September.
J'étais sur ma lancée ... et j'ai réalisé trois trousses de plus pour notre prochaine exposition de groupe en septembre.

Luna Lovequilts - Pencil pouches - Maker Maker collection from Andover fabrics

I came across these prints from the Maker Maker collection by Andover fabrics when visiting Quiltcon and really loved them. They are perfect for this kind of project.
Je suis tombée sur ces imprimés de la collection Maker Maker de Andover fabrics quand j'ai visité Quiltcon et je les ai adorés. Ils sont parfaits pour ce style de projet.

Luna Lovequilts - Pencil pouch - Maker Maker collection from Andover fabrics

I also had a lot fun choosing matching fabrics for the lining. How cool is this shirt print from Cotton and Steel !
J'ai aussi eu beaucoup de plaisir à choisir des tissus assortis pour la doublure. Cet imprimé chemises de chez Cotton and Steel est vraiment cool !

Luna Lovequilts - Pencil pouch - Cotton and Steel for the lining

I love this retro style strawberry print, also a Cotton and Steel fabric.
J'adore cet imprimé fraises de style retro, aussi un tissu Cotton and Steel.

Luna Lovequilts - Pencil pouch - Cotton and Steel strawberry fabric

I used YKK zippers by the yard I recently bought at Karlsruhe fair. Very pleasant to work with and besides a zipper pull can be attached easily.
J'ai utilisé des fermetures Eclair YKK au mètre que j'ai achetées récemment au salon de Karlsruhe. Très agréables à poser et en plus permettent d'accrocher facilement une tirette.

Luna Lovequilts - Pencil pouch - Work in progress - YKK zipper 

Luna Lovequilts - Pencil pouch - Work in progress - attaching the zipper

I had been looking for leather laces that could be suitable for zipper pulls for a while. I finally ordered some in an American shop I found through Etsy.
J'ai cherché pendant quelques temps des lacets en cuir qui pouvaient convenir pour des tirettes. Finalement, j'en ai commandé dans une boutique aux Etats-Unis que j'ai trouvée via Etsy.

Luna Lovequilts - Pencil pouches - Noodlehead tutorial


I am linking up with Kelly for NTT and Amanda Jean for Finish it up Friday