Pages

lundi 12 novembre 2018

So Dearly QAL #8 and finished top

And here is the eighth and last part of the So Dearly QAL hosted by Gosia at Quilts My Way.
Et voici la huitième et dernière partie du So Dearly QAL organisé par Gosia de Quilts My Way.

Luna Lovequilts - So Dearly QAL 2018 by Quilts My Way - Part #8

To be honest I had a couple of troubles while making this part ...
Pour être honnête, j'ai eu quelques problèmes dans la réalisaton de cette partie ...

Luna Lovequilts - So Dearly QAL 2018 by Quilts My Way - Part #8 in progress

I only had one seam to stitch when I realised that the two sections were not the same size ... How could it be possible when working with Paper Piecing ?!
It took me a while to understand where I had mistaken. For that, I traced on a transparent paper the sections as they should be stitched together. I placed it then on my block and found out that I had slightly twisted unit G when adding it to the whole.

Il me restait seulement une couture à faire quand j'ai réalisé que les deux sections n'avaient pas la même taille ... Comment était-ce possible en travaillant en Paper Piecing ?! 
Cela m'a pris un moment pour comprendre d'où venait l'erreur. Pour cela, j'ai tracé sur un papier transparent les sections comme elle devaient être assemblées. Je l'ai placé ensuite sur mon bloc et constaté que j'avais légèrement déformé l'unité G en l'assemblant avec le reste.

Luna Lovequilts - So Dearly QAL 2018 by Quilts My Way - Part #8 adjustments

I had to rip out several units to correct the distorsion ... But it was worth it ! ;-)
J'ai dû découdre plusieurs unités pour corriger la distorsion ... Mais cela en valait la peine ! ;-)

Luna Lovequilts - So Dearly QAL 2018 by Quilts My Way - All eight parts together

And ta-da ... The finished top !
Et ta-da ... Le top terminé !

Luna Lovequilts - So Dearly QAL 2018 by Quilts My Way - Finished top

I will share the finished quilt mid December along with a few of my sketches of quilting options.
Je vous montrerai le quilt terminé mi-décembre ainsi que quelques uns de mes dessins de quilting possible.

Luna Lovequilts - So Dearly QAL 2018 by Quilts My Way - Basting step


I am linking up with Kelly for NTT