Pages

mardi 21 novembre 2017

Infinité IV - A finished quilt

Tada ... My Quilty 365 project is completely done and besides I can tick off project #1 on my list for the last quarter of 2017 Finish-Along !
Tada ... Mon projet Quilty 365 est complètement terminé et en plus je peux cocher le projet #1 sur ma liste pour le dernier trimestre du Finish-Along 2017 !

Luna Lovequilts - Hand applique circles and grid quilting - Fourth quilt finished for my Quilty 365 project

I used the white background fabric for the binding. I found that the whole was busy enough and I was hoping some white could rest the eye ... I am really happy with that choice since I love how the circles seem to be floating against the white wall ! I could not help adding two scraps though ...
J'ai utilisé le tissu de fond blanc pour le binding. Je trouvais que l'ensemble était déjà assez chargé et j'espérais que du blanc pouvait reposer l'oeil ... Je suis très contente de ce choix car j'adore comme les cercles semblent flotter contre le mur blanc ! Je n'ai pas pu m'empêcher d'ajouter quand même deux scraps ...

Luna Lovequilts - Hand applique circles and grid quilting - Quilt on the sofa

The quilting is a regular grid all over (about 1/2" spacing). I chose a light grey thread instead of a white which would blend in the background since I wanted the grid to stand out somewhat.
Le quilting est un quadrillage régulier sur l'ensemble du quilt (espacement de 1.25 centimètres environ). Comme j'avais envie que la grille ressorte un peu, j'ai choisi un fil gris clair plutôt que blanc qui se serait mélangé avec le fond.

Luna Lovequilts - Hand applique circles and grid quilting detail

I love the graphic prints I chose for this quilt. It is a mix from different collections and manufacturers though the First of Infinity fabrics from Lecien stand out more than any other print.
J'adore les imprimés graphiques que j'ai choisi pour ce quilt. Bien que les tissus First of Infinity de Lecien ressortent plus que tous les autres imprimés, c'est un mélange provenant de collections et fabricants différents.

Luna Lovequilts - Hand applique circles and grid quilting - Quilt on the sofa

This quilt is the last of series of four quilts and you can have a look at the other three on my Quilts page. It was a great quilting journey initiated by Audrey of Quilty Folk and I am at the same time happy to have a finish and sorry to complete the project.
Ce quilt est le dernier d'une série de quatre quilts et vous pouvez voir les trois autres sur ma page Quilts. C'était une belle aventure initiée par Audrey de Quilty Folk et je suis à la fois ravie d'avoir un quilt fini et déçue de terminer ce projet.


I am linking up with Gosia for Quilter's Monday
and Amanda Jean for Finish it up Friday